Purchasing advice for telematics: on the path to the right system
Experts at the IAA discuss current trends for more efficient freight traffic
Berlin, 29 July 2010. Telematics systems help to control transports efficiently. They locate drivers and vehicles, measure fuel consumption and work out the best routes for linking several destinations and loads of different quantities. In this way they make an important contribution to the environmentally friendly management of fleets and routes, and to keeping costs down.
There is a vast range of telematics systems on the market and it is not easy to choose between them. The trade journal VerkehrsRundschau and the German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) are organising a specialist event at the IAA Commercial Vehicles (in Hannover from 23 to 30 September), at which experts will show which systems are suitable for various uses. The speakers and their topics will be as follows:
- Welcome: Dr Kay Lindemann, Deputy Managing Director, German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA), and Serge Voigt, editor, VerkehrsRundschau
- "How to find the right telematics system: tips and tricks for selecting and installing a system”: Bernd Schoob, managing director Fleetconsult
- "How telematics systems pay off: a cost-benefit analysis”: Michael Minich, Consulting Analyst, Frost & Sullivan, Frankfurt
- "What trailer telematics can do – an overview of functions and system components”: Karl-Heinz Neu, Director of Schmitz Cargobull Telematics
- "Digital tachograph and telematics – how the systems work together and what the catches are”: Alexander Németh, ANE Projekt-management & Training
The event will be held on 23 September in the Convention Center on the Hannover trade fair grounds, Room 3B, from 13.00 h to 15.00 h. Afterwards drinks will be served and there will be an opportunity to continue individual discussions and make contacts.
Accredited journalists may attend the event free of charge, but are requested to register for it in advance. Your contact is Manuela Vogl at Springer Fachmedien München GmbH, email: Manuela.Vogl@springer.com, tel.: +49 89 2030432541.