63rd IAA Cars 2009
in Frankfurt/Main from September 17th - 27th, 2009,
Press Days on September 17th & 18th
The world's largest motor show, covering 195,000 sqm (gross): The International Motor Show (IAA) is the world's most comprehensive show for the whole industry, which makes it the international platform for all those who develop, manufacture or use passenger cars. The IAA presents passenger cars, tuning, special vehicles, trailers for cars, equipment for workshops and garages, and parts and accessories. A special feature of the International Motor Show (IAA) is the large presence of the makers of parts and accessories: nearly 300 exhibitors from the supply industry presented their products in 2009. Furthermore there are also the logistics suppliers, authorities, associations, publishers and service providers.
In 2009 the IAA registered 845,000 visitors. 13,261 journalists from 96 countries reported on the newest models and highlights. 206 world premiers were presented at the IAA, 100 alone by the automobile manufacturers.
The IAA in figures (2009):
- 781 exhibitors, thereof 26 % from abroad,
- from 30 countries on all continents.
- 298 manufacturers of parts and accessories.
- 137,397 sqm (net) of exhibition space.
- a total of 312 novelties, thereof 206 world premieres.
- 13,261 journalists from 96 countries.
- 845,000 visitors,
- of which 34 % were professional visitors.
- 67 % of the professional visitors were from the automotive industry,
- over one third of professional visitors belongs to superior management,
- 12 % of visitors came from abroad.
Further information can be obtained from the organizer of the IAA:
German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA),
PO Box 17 05 63 / D-60079 Frankfurt/M.
Westendstrasse 61 / D-60325 Frankfurt/M.,
Tel.: +49 (0) 69 975 07-0, Fax: -305
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Internet: www.iaa.de