Odette is a pan-European collaboration, networking and services platform working for the entire automotive network. We provide services which support logistics management, e-business communications and engineering data exchange throughout the world. Our mission is to improve the efficiency and enhance the competitiveness of the European automotive industry within the global economy. Thousands of companies within the automotive industry and beyond trust in and depend on the integrity, confidentiality and security of Odette operations and services.
In a demanding trust-based international environment the Operations & Services Officer will be an essential member of the Odette management team. It is foreseen that this will initially be a part-time position with the successful applicant being required to work 4 hours per day, Monday to Friday.
He or she will be expected to work autonomously to support Odette Operations and Services in the following areas:
- Preparing monthly accounts
- Tax reporting
- Carrying out credit control
- Administering sales of Odette publications
- Administering sales of Odette codes
- Administering sales of Odette digital certificates
- Validating certificate requests and issuing certificates
- Providing Level 1 Help Desk support related to Odette products and services
The Operations and Services Officers will also be required to support the Odette Conference which takes place every 18 months (this activity will be an addition to the day to day business):
- Maintaining the Odette CRM database
- Assisting with marketing activities related to the conference and the exhibition
- Assisting with the organisational and logistical arrangements
- Providing on-site support before, during and after conference
- Administering user registrations on Odette website
- Helping to maintain website content
- Assisting with the marketing of non-conference related activities
It is anticipated that the scope of the position could be expanded in the future and the person appointed will be expected to acquire the necessary skills and experience to be able to take responsibility for the management of Odette supply chain projects and the development of other Odette activities.
To meet the job description the following qualifications, experience and skills are required:
- University degree
- High level of self-motivation
- High attention to detail
- Complete fluency in English
- Fluency in another European language
- Good IT skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, …)
- Experience of the automotive industry an asset but not essential
Odette offers a highly independent work environment on a European scale. The successful applicant will be expected to travel to locations in Europe for initial training and thereafter will be expected to work from their home location with occasional business trips to other European locations.
On-going management support will be provided by email, telephone and web-conference as well as via regular face-to-face meetings at the Odette head office in London. Due to the confidential nature of several of the services provided, Odette will carry-out background checks before making any appointment.
To be agreed
Contact person of the VDA:
Treasurer of Odette
Verband der Automobilindustrie e.V. (VDA)/German Association of the Automotive Industry
Leiter Abteilung Logistik/Head of Department Logistics
Behrenstraße 35, 10117 Berlin Germany
Tel. +49 30 89 78 42 - 222
Fax +49 30 89 78 42 - 606 mobile: +49 175 1690054