VDA’s 16th Technical Congress on Hannover trade fair grounds, 20 & 21 March 2014
For the 16th time the German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) is holding its Technical Congress, which this year will take place on the trade fair grounds in Hannover on 20 and 21 March. “Technical innovations are more important than ever before – for growth and employment, and in order to secure Germany’s international competitiveness. Both of these aspects are indispensable for achieving lasting success. The German automotive industry is doing everything it can to promote continued compatibility of individual mobility and action on climate. The German automotive manufacturers’ and suppliers’ unswerving interested in innovation will be demonstrated by the Technical Congress in Hannover,” said Matthias Wissmann, President of the VDA, in advance of the event.
The topics of “Environment, energy and electric mobility” and “Vehicle safety and electronics” will be at the core of the largest meeting of the industry in Europe, at which more than 500 participants are expected from many countries, along with top-level representatives from the automotive industry, politics and academia. The event will be accompanied by an exhibition.
One focus of the event will be connected mobility. “Intelligent connectivity between vehicles and with the infrastructure harbours the potential to improve overall road safety even further. Sharing information between all road users is a crucial step in the evolution towards accident-free traffic of the future that will spare resources and save time,” the VDA president explained.
Matthias Wissmann will open the 16th Technical Congress in Hannover together with Olaf Lies, Minister for Economics, Labour and Transport of the German state of Lower Saxony. The other speakers will include:
- Dr Elmar Degenhart, Chairman of the Executive Board at Continental AG
- Prof. Martin Winterkorn, Chairman of the Board of Management at Volkswagen AG
- Helmut Matschi, Member of the Executive Board at Continental AG
- Bernhard Mattes, Chairman of the board of Ford-Werke GmbH
- Karl Stracke, President Magna Steyr Fahrzeugtechnik und Engineering, Magna Steyr AG & Co. KG
- Prof. Lutz Eckstein, Head of the Institute of Automotive Engineering at RWTH Aachen University
- Dr Eckhard Scholz, CEO Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles
- Alessandro Bernardini, PD&E – Innovation Truck & Bus, Alternative Traction & Electrification Director, IVECO S.p.A.
- Prof. Martin Wietschel, Coordinator of Business Unit Energy Economyat the Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research
- Arne Schönbohm, President of the Cyber Security Council Germany
- Eckard Eberle, CEO Industrial Automation Systems, Siemens AG
The complete congress programme can be downloaded from the Internet, at:
http://www.vda.de/en/veranstaltungen/kongresse/technik/tk_2014/index.html. Representatives of the media may register by emailing Ms Ute Botterschulte (email@example.com). The congress is free of charge for journalists.