This translation into English is for information purposes. Only the original German text has legal authority
The protection of your personal data is very important to us. The following information provides an overview about how we process your personal data and about your data protection rights.
1. Contact details
Party responsible for the data-processing:
Verband der Automobilindustrie e. V. (VDA)
Tel.:+49 30 897842-0
Fax:+49 30 897842-600
Questions concerning your data privacy rights and other issues concerning personal data (section 6) can be posed to email@example.com.
Our data privacy officer can be contacted as below:
Dr. Gregor Scheja
Scheja und Partner Rechtsanwälte mbB
Tel.: +49 228 227226-0
2. Sources and Data We Use
We only process personal data that is required for the relevant purpose of processing (cf. No. 3). This is data we have received from you directly (e.g. data you have entered into a contact form or otherwise provided to us), contact details of representatives at VDA provided to us by members and which we have lawfully obtained from publicly accessible sources (e.g. internet, media, press etc.), which may be processed.
3. Purpose for which we process your data (purpose of processing) and legal basis for processing
We process the above-mentioned personal data in accordance with the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation and the most recent version of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). VDA is the organizer of the International Motor Show Germany. In this respect a separate data protection policy published on the International Motor Show Germany website applies.
VDA represents and promotes the interests of the entire German automotive industry, in particular the common interests of its members in all areas of the transport sector. To this end, in addition to the development and drawing up of common standpoints, discussions with politicians and society are also necessary. Processing for this purpose takes place as follows:
- Committee work: VDA organizes its work and other matters through committees (e.g. committees and working groups) on various themes concerning the automotive industry. Committees are composed of member representatives whose data is processed for that purpose on the basis of performance of a contract in accordance with Art. 6(1)(b) EU General Data Protection Regulation. To this end, and on the same legal basis, information on automotive themes is communicated and transmitted to member representatives (e.g. newsletter).
- Association policy: In order to contribute the standpoints and interests of the German automotive industry to the political discussion, VDA communicates and dispatches information on relevant issues to members of parliament, civil servants in ministries, and to other associations. The data of these institutions is processed within the context of a balancing of interests (Art. 6(1)(f) EU General Data Protection Regulation).
- Public relations: VDA undertakes public relations work for the political and societal debate. The relevant data-processing takes place within the context of a balancing of interests (Art. 6(1)(f) EU General Data Protection Regulation):
- PR and communications: To this end VDA sends information to spokespersons, journalists and media representatives (e.g. dispatch of VDA press statements, invitations to press events).
- PR work also includes the dispatch of information materials on VDA issues to other interested parties and interest groups from the automotive industry, with which VDA maintains contact owing to the representation of interests of the automotive industry (e.g. dispatch of annual report and policy briefing). Invitations to professional events of VDA on automotive themes serve the same purpose.
- Services: VDA offers various services to all interested parties:
- Organization of professional and information events: VDA organizes professional and information events on topics of the automotive industry for professional and political discussions, for which participants can register. To this end you have to complete a contact form with the data required. The data is processed for the satisfaction of contractual obligations (Art. 6(1)(b) EU General Data Protection Regulation). Should film recordings and/or photos be made at these events, with your participation you declare your consent to the making, processing and use of such images, video and sound recordings for documentation purposes and within the context of the PR work of VDA. Your data is stored until revocation is declared to us by you. Should you not agree with this, please contact the persons/body mentioned in No. 1 above.
- Ordering information materials on topics concerning the automotive industry (e.g. publications, recommendations, teaching materials, training information). To this end you have to complete a contact form with the data required. The data is processed for the satisfaction of contractual obligations (Art. 6(1)(b) EU General Data Protection Regulation).
- Operational activities: VDA maintains business contacts for the purpose of operating the Association (e.g. suppliers, catering). This includes the communication with and information provided to such business partners of VDA. The data of such partners is processed for the satisfaction of contractual obligations (Art. 6(1)(b) EU General Data Protection Regulation).
4. Who receives my data?
Access to your data within VDA is restricted to those persons/bodies who require access in order to satisfy the purpose of processing. In some cases VDA deploys service providers who receive data for that purpose. We only deploy service providers if they comply with our written directives on data privacy and warrant compliance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation and the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). Incidentally, we may only communicate data to recipients outside VDA insofar as permitted by statutory provisions, insofar as you have granted your consent and/or insofar as permitted under the data protection provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
5. How long will my data be stored?
The length of time for which your data will be stored depends on the purpose of the data-processing. Hence we only store your data for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed.
If the data is no longer required in order to satisfy the purpose, it will as a rule be erased unless further processing is necessary in order to comply with retention obligations under commercial or tax law, or in order to preserve evidence within the context of the statute of limitation.
6. Your data privacy rights
Information, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, right to object, data portability, complaint
According to Art. 15 EU General Data Protection Regulation, you are entitled to obtain information at any time and free of charge about the origin, recipient and purpose of the personal data concerning you that is stored. In addition, you have a right of rectification under Art. 16, to erasure under Art. 17, a right to restrict the processing under Art. 18, the right to object to the processing under Art. 21 and a right to data portability under Art. 20 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. You can pose questions at any time about both your data privacy rights and other issues concerning personal data, to firstname.lastname@example.org . Further contact details of the data controller and the data privacy officer can be found in section 1. In case of breaches of data privacy you are entitled to submit a complaint pursuant to Art. 77 EU General Data Protection Regulation in conjunction with Sec. 19 German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) to the competent data privacy supervisory body.
The consent you grant us for processing of your data can be revoked by you at any time by means of an informal message sent to us by e-mail email@example.com. The revocation only applies for the future. The processing of your data on the basis of your consent up to the date of revocation remains lawful.
Right to object under Art. 21 General Data Protection Regulation
You are entitled to object to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes - including profiling relating to direct marketing - at any time without stating any grounds.
You also have a general right to object (cf. Art. 21(1) EU General Data Protection Regulation). In that case the grounds for objecting to the data-processing have to be stated.